- Many people who are considering using Polis are worried about "extreme opinions".
- Yes, people will make all sorts of comments in your conversation.
- A part of the Polis process and analysis is, in effect, intentioned to find out whether given opinions are so extreme — if it turns out half a population agrees with a comment, whose to define it that way?
- It's valuable to have so called "extreme" populations show up. They tend to produce a lot of data, and they tend to turn out to agree with lots of other statements. This is healing, and possible, and happens all the time in conversations.
- Do not moderate out what you as the moderator view as extreme opinions unless they are abusive, hateful, etc. They are very useful signal.